Canvassing Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions while Canvassing
Below is a list of some Frequently Asked Questions people may have about the Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign and about the BERN app. This FAQ will be updated over time.
It’s important to remember that when canvassing for Bernie, you are an ambassador of the campaign. You’re going to get lots of different kinds of questions about Bernie. No matter what - the most powerful thing that you can share with a voter is your personal story about why you support Bernie.
If you don’t know an answer to a question, it’s OK to say you don’t know! You can tell the voter to email [email protected] with any questions they have.
- Why Bernie in 2020?
- Bernie should run in 2020 because he is the most progressive candidate with fully-formulated plans to prioritize climate change, to get money out of politics, and to ensure we get Medicare for All in the United States. Plus, he’s the most popular politician in America!
- Why are you canvassing?
- I’m out here canvassing because [tell your personal story]! That’s why I believe in Bernie, and why I think he should be the next President of the United States.
- How do I contact the campaign?
- Feel free to email us at [email protected]
- How do I donate?
- Thank you so much! You can donate at bsanders.us/donate2020
- How do I volunteer?
- We would love to have you join us as a volunteer! To get started, visit berniesanders.com/volunteer to see what we need the most help with right now.
App & Data Questions:
- What is this app?
- The BERN app is a way for Bernie volunteers to talk to voters and people around them about the 2020 election and what issues matter to them. We know this election is so important - so we thought we would give people an opportunity to tell us what issues they care about and where they stand on the 2020 election.
- Why are you asking me to fill out this form?
- This is a list of questions about the 2020 election. We know this election is so important - so we thought we would give people an opportunity to tell us what issues they care about and where they stand on the 2020 election.
- How did you get my information?
- We got your information from a publicly available voter file. Voter registration information is public information. Each voter’s street address is obscured to protect privacy.
- Is Bernie too old?
- Bernie may be 77 years old, but he’s as energetic as ever! He’s in great health and is still standing for the same values that he was 40 years ago. Also, it’s reported that staffers in their twenties struggle to keep up with him — he’s definitely not slowing down.
- Is Bernie too far to the left?
- Thank you for your question. There is a common misconception that Bernie's policies are too progressive to win. In fact, all of his major policies -- Medicare for All, a $15 minimum wage, tuition-free colleges, etc. are supported by a majority of Americans.
- Can Bernie win?
- No candidate has a certain victory ahead of them, but Bernie is actually in the best position to beat Trump. He is the most popular candidate in America, with favorable ratings across the aisle, and record-breaking popularity among young people. The crowds Bernie turns out are larger than those of his next two opponents combined. On top of this, the majority of Americans agree with his positions.